Monday, November 06, 2006

Now you see it, now you don't!

It was several hours before the alarm went off, suddenly I had to bolt up to a near sitting position on bed. The room was peaceful, yet I was terrified, but couldn’t immediately reason out why. Then, after convincing myself that all’s calm and I was safe, I began to unravel a few details of what has just scared me awake. NIGHTMARES! A dream known to me most of all is the nightmares. It is one of my most valuable teaching dreams as it shows me the fear that has been blown way out of proportion or something I have suppressed which is affecting me negatively. Often I don’t remember the happy dreams, but the frightening ones will make more of an impression and will be more inclined to work them out. Umm…last night it wasn’t a nightmare though. As usual, my alarm went off and I shut it off, pulled the covers over my head and tried desperately to return to what was so abruptly interrupted. In it, I was sixteen :P

Seems like nothing is off limits in the dream state. We are open to experiencing all levels of self-esteem, all fears, frustrations, suppressed images, unknown territory, visionary insights. We will become more comfortable with all dream images when we learn to welcome them, whatever they are, as symbolic messengers of self. There is no such thing as a bad dream symbol. The most grotesque or frightening dreams have the most positive insights once they are worked out. Remember, dream images are just trying to catch your attention, so do not resist them. Seek to recognize the insight so you can move onto more joyous awareness. Forget them or recall them, ignore them or try to interpret them, dreams are part of our life and it's for our benefit that they're going to continue to be seen...

Anyways, its time for me to deal with another dream. Prolly a wierd nightmare! :|

3 comments:

jaheen said...

so does this mean that "sweet dreams" wishes people wish before bedtime has no effect? :p heheh!

actually, this happens to everyone too! but for me, i dont remember much of the dreams after sometime. even the nightmares.. i tend to forget them very soon.. short term memory, i guess..

dreams do have a meaning.. but sometimes (quite often for me) we see dreams that do not make much sense . i mean like, one can see a dream which is totally crap. but it may not turn out to be crap once its correctly interpreted. its just that we dont know how to interpret. it surely wud have a good meaning (i hope!)

sometimes we see dreams related to our current thoughts, what goes on in our minds.. and yeah, the chances of seeing a dream, related to the thoughts u have at that time, is high and this is already a proven fact!

i have met some ppl who actually say that all dreams are Satan's creations! (i dont beleive this!!) however weird that may sound, all i know is that dreams are part of our sleep, our lives.. just like u said!

oh and btw, i found this a very interesting read! :) keep it up!

cheers!

Anonymous said...

A dream might or might not be due to satan.I guess most of the time it's just our subconscience having a little fun

nadha said...

True, cannot immediately dismiss dreams as being total crap. Interesting how, even in the face of complete access to the unconscious, it still comes out affected by one's emotions and the environment and not in it's raw form. (Assuming dreaming is the party time for unconsiouness and the consciousness slumbers off.)Like u know, u r falling off the bed and u cud be falling off the edge of a cliff or falling into a scented tub full of bubbles and surrounded by lighted candles, pushed over by..

Some things we do know for sure; dreaming occurs during REM, brain activity peaks and muscles go into temporary paralysis. And some things we don't; like was Yosuf right in putting meaning into dreams and interpreting them?

Sigh. One of life's great mysteries. Experienced by everyone, explained by none.