Monday, November 20, 2006

Alone in the dark - a run to remember!





Like everyone else, at the back of my mind, I always had an image of the world. The image was small but clear, distant but entirely distinct. It was clearer than a memory, less present than a vision.

My world floated alone in the darkness. The darkness was a deep darkness, and far away in the darkness were the stars that kept their unblinking state. And among those, moved the rest of the stars. Some of those were flashes of light lasting less than an eye blink, some were long streaks of orange flame, and 24 were faithful performers, moving with an intricate dance unimaginably distant.

Most of the stars dotted the blackness in my sky, and in the background of the image in my mind and others.

The shape of the world, as it floated alone in the dark, was the shape of an angel, whose two legs ensconced beside me, his hands curved gently on my face, his great eyes closed and arms opened slightly towards me. All the fixed unblinking stars in my dark sky began blinkin with his one glance. Just like a fairy tale.

Within the image of the world in my mind, I sensed where in the world, where on the world, I was. And though days are passing by, I don't feel the time flowing as here I am, with my angel, under the bright sky with the twinkling stars!

2 comments:

nadha said...

Nice work with the animation! Glad that u found ur angel:P

jaheen said...

u were alone in the dark before, but not anymore eh? :D hehe! nice post! loved the descriptions too! hail to the orange flames and 24 performers! hail to you and angel! ;)

btw, i didnt know you started working with flash.. you've got a good start there, nice work!